The more people I speak to the more I realise that most single people have something in common, and that’s the sheer dislike for dating and the whole dating process.
And to be fair, I get it.
The dating process is tedious, I mean how many times can you tell someone new what you do for work and what your favourite colour is just to realise at the end of an evening that you feel like you’ve wasted a few hours of your life that you’ll never get back.
But this is the risk you have to take with online dating I suppose, the risk that the digital chemistry could be there but maybe the real life chemistry isn’t.
So I guess this raises the question, why should you try a matchmaker and how might using a matchmaker get you to hate the dating process less?
- Well, a matchmaker will take the hard work out of finding you the “right” person.
- You’ll get matched based on your common personality traits which kind of takes some of the hard work out for you, there’s none of this talking on an app for days nonsense just trying to figure out if the two of you have more things in common than your love of dogs.
- You’ll feel like you’ve managed to skip the ‘will I have anything in common with this person‘ apprehension because your matchmaker will have figured that bit out for you before sending you on a date with someone they think could be a perfect match for you.
- A matchmaker is like having your very own cupid, they’ll search high and low for your prefect person for you.
Nope, using a matchmaker is like having your very own data analyst but just for your love life!
Now some of you may have looked into dating agencies too, but the difference between a matchmaker and a dating agency is well, the quality of the people you get recommended. A matchmaker goes to the effort of personally finding you people who would be a good fit to your life and your values. Whereas a dating agency will send you on lots of dates until one sticks out of luck more than anything else really.
The difference between a matchmaker and a dating agency:
- A matchmaker sends you on a lower number of dates, but with people they know will be a good fit for you.
- A dating agency will send you on lots of dates until you find someone you get on with, it’s not done on a matching basis.
So is the reason we don’t like dating anymore simply because we don’t like the idea of voluntarily wasting our own time on people who will only take up a 2hr period in our life because we’ve realised we have nothing in common and will never see them again?
Because if that is the case then we can probably help to eradicate some of those dating dislikes by at least being able to say that by using a matchmaker you’ll know that the person you’re about to go on a date with will have common interests and values as you, so you’ll at least be able to have a good conversation with someone who’s personality matches your own!
Mirabela Executive Dating Reviews
Our guide to executive dating in Sydney
How to seduce someone with your eyes